The UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 is scheduled to be held on October 4. Check last-minute tips to sore good marks in UPSC prelims.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020: The countdown has begun and the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2020 is looming large at the threshold. Multiple thoughts barge into the mind’s salubrious space when such a crucial exam is around the corner amidst such unpredictable times.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020: Let us try to give our best shot with a few tips that can be helpful in strategising the last hour.
1. Stop pressurizing yourself by thinking of the unfinished parts of the syllabus. Have confidence in your skills acquired while solving an enormous number of tests and by studying relentlessly. Learning is an evolutionary process, so it is subtle and unconscious, therefore have faith you have gained the knowledge to crack the exam.
2. Bring back your circadian rhythm into order if it is out of orbit. ‘Sleep’ at right time, stop staying awake the whole night to complete some book, syllabus, solving test series, or whatever. Remember! A fighter focusses on one’s strength before going to battle and plans accordingly. Worrying, over-thinking about what could have been done or somebody else has covered more stuff, are futile thoughts at this given juncture.
3. Picking up the thread from the last line, avoid discussions about how much you know, you left, they completed, etc. Imagine a soldier, just before the battle begins to ponder about the tools, he/she does not possess, thinks opponents’ weapons are far superior, regret about some mismanagement of resources earlier or so on; fate can be easily predicted.
4. Never make any hasty decisions in the examination hall while looking at some questions just at the outset. Neither it should be a hurray moment as if you know all the questions nor a sorry state that you have lost the game. Read questions and more specifically the options with precision and extra care. Whereat first glance, a question seems alien, leave it but revisit it later, you will be able to work out it well.
5. Spend quality time in bubbling the answer sheet. Double-check the options while finalising them, therefore, spare the last 15 minutes on this very significant exercise.
6. Again, do not keep on marking questions out of spree to attempt a greater number of questions. Chalk-out a wise map then and there about which questions to leave and which to attempt. This is a significant step to save yourself from negative marking.
7. Please do not carry books just before the exam! Keep your mind relaxed, visualize the positive outcome, and be practical about your preparation. If you are aware this time the preparation was not up to the mark, then make a promise to leave no stone unturned for the next time. Panicking before the paper, tiring the eyeballs and useless thinking can lead to undesired results.
8. Do not follow the mannerisms of how others are rejuvenating. Be your own best friend and stay in the company of positive people. This point stands valid throughout.
9. In case there is lurking of opening some book, then look at your Atlas that will help you in memorizing the facts, events, incidents by looking at different maps and will be helpful in maintaining good mental health. However, resist going for any deep studies. Just be you, have faith in your capabilities, and genuinely trust yourself.
10. Last but not least, ‘Rise above mediocrity’, in everything you do. This is just an exam, just go and take it by being immune to the negative thoughts and oblivious of any outcome. I know it is easier said than done or may sound very cliched, but this thought process will surely help you in achieving great success and happiness throughout.